Friday 13 March 2020

"In Other News"

That was how the Today programme really did preface its brief mentions of the latest American bombings in Iraq, and of the release of Chelsea Manning. There was no discussion of either. But the threat of war with Iran remains very real indeed. And a crowdfunding page to help to pay Manning's court fees is here.

I long ago named a dauphin or delfino who was 20 years my junior, who signed my nomination papers last year, who attended the count, and who even drove me home from it. He would have my full support if I were unable to contest North West Durham in December 2024, which is more than long enough into the future for plenty of water to have passed under Westminster Bridge by then.

But other than that, and assuming that the Government's programme had begun to deliver the goods along the old Red Wall in defiance of Labour's whinging expressions of all that was petty in the petty bourgeoisie, then I see no reason why I ought not to support Richard Holden. Indeed, I might very well be proud to do so.

In the meantime, ours is the 2020 Vision of a new political party, a new think tank, a new weekly newspaper, a new monthly cultural review, a new quarterly academic journal, and so much else besides. I will be standing for Parliament again here at North West Durham next time if possible, so please give generously. In any event, please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment