Monday 6 October 2008

Don Cravins For Louisiana's D-7

Also from Right Democrat:

Louisiana Democratic Congressional candidate Don Cravins, Jr. on the issues:

Congressional Pay Raises: "Congress is a complete mess. I will work with Democrats and Republicans to get things done for the 7th Congressional District. And, unlike my opponent, I will never accept a pay raise during the term I am elected to serve!"

Immigration Control: "There is no question that the United States and Louisiana have a serious problem with illegal immigration. With workers being imported and jobs being exported, millions of our people are underemployed and unemployed and are also being forced to compete with illegal immigrants. We must secure our borders and enforce the laws on the books and punish the companies that hire illegals."

Energy: "I find it crazy that people in Louisiana are paying more than $4 per gallon of gas and our farmers paying nearly $5 per gallon of diesel. We need to expand our domestic drilling and refinery capacity, but I also believe the future of energy in America will be about renewable, sustainable energy sources. I think growing crops and making ethanol can and should be a new industry for Louisiana. In the Louisiana Legislature, I supported laws to encourage the development of an ethanol industry in Louisiana. Energy independence is critical to our national security and to the creation of millions of jobs here in Louisiana and America."

Medical care: "Healthcare is one of the most important domestic issues facing Louisiana and America. Before this healthcare crisis leads to further disaster, it is time for reform in Washington that benefits Louisiana’s families and the nation. I will fight to make sure all of Louisiana's children have health insurance. Unlike my opponent, I will always support the State's Children's Health Insurance Program and work to find other ways to make sure no child in Louisiana is without healthcare. As a Christian, I believe it is only right to care for our children."

Taxes: "I oppose higher taxes. In the Louisiana Legislature I repealed regressive taxes both for families and for small businesses. I believe that wealthy, big corporations that move American jobs overseas should pay more of their fair share and I will look for opportunities to make the tax system fairer for working people, the middle class and small businesses. Louisiana's working families deserve real tax relief."

http://cravinsforcongress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment