Friday 7 June 2024

Short, Sellers

Look what the Labour Party has done just to get rid of little old me. If I were the Workers Party candidate here at North Durham, then I would buy a gun for self-defence. The Green candidate might consider a similar precaution. The whole debate in this constituency has been completely skewed. Hustings are going to be all about the Middle East and the internal machinations of the Labour Party, dominated by people who thought that those were equally important.

Chris Bradburn presumably enjoys the coveted endorsement of Ben Sellers, who has never lived in this constituency, only one ward of which was ever represented by Laura Pidcock. That raises huge questions for Bradburn and Sellers alike, since no one on the Left could share with Sellers any major or many minor disagreements with me without also disagreeing in the same terms with George Galloway, so that anyone in the Workers Party who agreed more with Sellers than with me would have to be either hopelessly naïve or an entryist. But this can wait. Give Bradburn 200 votes. Assuming that George had held Rochdale, their party would then have an extra £38.75 in Short Money.

8 comments:

  1. If Bradburn didn't get 200 votes would you give the WPB £38.75?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would not be my fault. I would have voted for him.

      Delete
  2. I don't understand. Why do you think Bradburn needs to buy a gun in self-defence?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what exactly did they do to get rid of little old you? I thought you withdrew for health reasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite.

      It's all in the link.

      Delete
    2. No it's not. What has the Labour Party got to do with your breathing difficulties and chest pains?

      Delete
    3. It's all in the link, which is my last word on the subject.

      Delete