Thursday 13 August 2020

On The Level

No one wants to see a generation of people who had often been promoted far beyond their real ability. 25 years after his A-level results, Gavin Williamson was made Secretary of State for Education.

I have a considerable readership in the right age group, so let me say this. You deserve it. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

And if it's not what you were hoping for, then that's not the end of the world. I dropped a grade in everything, but four years later I was made a governor the same school.

The same Head called me "Mr Lindsay" until I told him, "It's all right, you can call me David if you like, George."

1 comment:

  1. Governor of your old primary school and your old comp before you'd left uni, you haven't always been at war with the Church or the "right-wing Labour machine".

    ReplyDelete