Saturday 15 August 2020

Not For The Likes

A-levels are still fairly niche. But almost everyone sits GCSEs. So next week will be the main attraction. We all know what is coming, and it ought to cause uproar along the Red Wall, among many other places. But it won't. After all, what else is there? Who else is there? 

Both Ed Davey and Layla Moran were privately schooled, so that will be the full set. The Leaders of all three parties, and indeed two of the last three Conservative and Labour Leaders. You have to go back 26 years to find a time when the Conservative Leader and the Labour Leader were both state educated. 

The next Prime Minister is going to be Asian, and younger than I am. He is also going to be a fabulously rich former Head Boy of Winchester, born at the top of the caste systems of two countries. I quite like Rishi Sunak. But that is who he is.

I astonish myself that I ever thought of going into politics. What might I possibly have hoped to have become?

No comments:

Post a Comment