Friday 6 September 2019

A Boy Named Sue?

Having immiserated me, Damian Thompson used to post the odd drunken tweet that he was going to sue me. Well, Mabel, I used to reply, it is your fault that you would never see a penny, because it is your fault that I do not have one. Get out of that. Of course, she never could.

Enter, if not Luciana Berger herself (so to speak), then at least the right-wing Labour machine that pointedly still feels obliged to defend her. The right-wing Labour machine that has immiserated me, but which now urges her to sue me. It is your fault that she would never see a penny, because it is your fault that I do not have one. Get out of that. Of course, you can't.

She could always tap Simon Henig for whatever she thought that I should have had to pay her. He must have a bob or two, stolen from the Teaching Assistants. But Twitter today has been full of Labour activists, including Thangam Debbonaire MP, who assumed me to be the Labour candidate for North West Durham, thereby indicating that they had never heard of the Chosen One, the supposedly stellar Laura "Trigger" Pidcock. This has made me laugh. A lot.

So sue away. I legally own nothing. Not a thing. If you want my overdraft, then you can have it. And it is all your own fault. I am so poor that I can say what the hell I like, and there really isn't anything that anyone can do. For that, you have only yourselves to blame.

And yet, after nearly 30 years of suggestion, speculation, and even a sort of preparation, I will stand for Parliament here at North West Durham. The crowdfunding page is here, and buy the book here. Please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment