Monday 15 December 2008

Something With Attitude, Anyway

I am feeling my age.

On Friday evening, I went along to the College Ball. To mark the Silver Jubilee of Now That’s What I Call Music (before, of course, those deciding these things were born), there was a musical theme. So I donned my black tie and prepared to tell anyone who asked that I was Frank Sinatra.

But many another costume was a great deal more adventurous.

Specifically, many a young shaver had come as some or other rap artist.

And had thought nothing of blacking up accordingly.

How times change…

4 comments:

  1. I remember students blacking up at a Durham college ball about ten years ago. I was appalled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Which college?

    Someone senior at the one where I am now a tutor told me on Friday night that a black student had come to last year's ball whited up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NWA? You really are showing your age!

    ReplyDelete