Sunday 25 February 2007

I'm Still Not Scared, You Know

Just sent:

Dear Ms Antao,

Very many thanks, but I never suggested that you suspend any process in the run-up to an election date, and I am afraid that everything else in your message is wholly unsatisfactory. Merely to state that "The Standards Board for England is not guilty of political partiality in the way in which it assesses cases to decide whether or not they should be referred for investigation" does not make that the case.

In this instance, that partiality is not only blatant but clearly shameless and unrepentant. This case is being pursued at all only because the complainant (Neil Fleming) is on the staff of a Cabinet Minister (Hilary Armstrong), and it would not otherwise be detaining you. Further to my previous message, the following point has therefore been beyond reasonable doubt: that the Standards Board for England, as such, is acting, at public expense and in collusion with a member of Hilary Armstrong's publicly maintained staff, to discredit me in order to obstruct my future Independent candidacy for the North-West Durham parliamentary constituency, in order to strangle in the cradle a national network of parliamentary candidates (of all parties and none) offering the electorate the real political choice that it is currently being denied, and incidentally in order to prevent me from defending my seat on Lanchester Parish Council or from seeking election to Derwentside District Council. Journalists to whom this email has been copied might consider going in search of other cases of this sort of thing, from around the country. I might add that, since I am now in the process of helping to set up two (decidedly non-neoconservative) Political Action Committees in the United States, then the Standards Board for England, as such, is also now colluding with a member of a Cabinet Minister's staff, as such, in order to deny political choice to the American as well as to the British People.

I trust that Belinda Shaw, to whom this email has been copied further to her letter to me dated 20th February, will therefore appreciate that I object in the strongest possible terms to any further action, of any kind, in respect of this matter, and that I will not co-operate in any way therewith, since I do not recognise the moral, intellectual or political authority of anyone engaged therein where this case is concerned, nor do I recognsie the moral, intellectual or political capacity of the complainant under any circumstance whatever.

And I trust that those to whom this email has been blind carbon copied, and who represent views such as I am seeking to put on the national and parliamentary agenda despite the best efforts of you and yours, will once again consider peaceable direct action against you, against the Standards Board for England, against Neil Fleming, against Hilary Armstrong, and at the next and subsequent meetings of Lanchester Parish Council. None of which need happen if you simply call a halt, here and now, to this disgraceful, disgusting and despicable political vendetta at public expense, apologising to me unreservedly, and compensating me both for your hurt and defamation of me, and for the time that I have been obliged to devote to this matter.

This message will of course be posted on http://davidaslindsay.blogspot.com

Yours sincerely,

David Lindsay (Councillor)

No comments:

Post a Comment