Tuesday 12 October 2010

A Truly Grand Coalition

The Guardian, the Daily Telegraph, the Daily Mail, the Daily Mirror, Channel Four, British Telecom and the BBC. All have provided signatories to a letter to Vince Cable, urging him to block Rupert Murdoch's attempt to acquire the rest of BSkyB.

But I for one hope that Murdoch does indeed tie in access to his paywalled newspapers to Sky subscriptions. Vastly more people would then have such access, and could be seen not to be using it. It would be hilarious.

4 comments:

  1. Guardian, Telegraph, Mail et al. Hmm, now what possible reason could they have for complaining about greater power for BSkyB? Wait, it'll come to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vastly more people would then have such access, and could be seen not to be using it. It would be hilarious.

    I get it, but at the same time I would be concerned at the thougth of Murdoch acquiring anymore power than he already has.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nor do I. I just want him to link paywall access to Sky subscriptions, for the reason stated.

    ReplyDelete