Monday 12 July 2010

Pax Christi in Regno Christi

How many more times is the General Synod going to vote for women bishops? Today's is the second in as many days. There was one last year, and another the year before that.

Anyway, I know that I shouldn't do these things, but having already informed me that I am Dr Johnson, Facebook now also informs me that I am Pope Pius XI:

Pope Pius XI was Pope from 6 February 1922, and sovereign of Vatican City from its creation as an independent state on 11 February 1929 until his death on 10 February 1939. He issued numerous encyclicals including Quadragesimo Anno highlighting capitalistic greed of international finance, social justice issues and Quas Primas establishing the feast of Christ the King. He took as his papal motto "Christ's peace in Christ's kingdom". Pius XI took strong interests in fostering the participation of lay people throughout the Church, especially in the Catholic Action movement. The end of his pontificate was dominated by defending the Church from intrusions into Catholic life and education.

He also canonised Saint Albert the Great and Saint Thomas More.

Splendid.

No comments:

Post a Comment