Saturday 8 June 2024

Norman Con Quest

The painkillers are barely touching the sides, so something really has been set off. With little hope of much sleep, I find that Rishi Sunak's flit from Normandy is still the news. My father was a Normandy veteran, so I am the first to condemn Sunak's conduct, for which he has apologised. But what does this have to do with policy?

Now that I am no longer a candidate, while I am interested in what comes after this General Election, I am not much interested in its immediate outcome. And there would seem to be nothing much in which to be interested. But that means that there is everything. Instead, therefore, the parties and their patsies have to keep talking about this.

2 comments:

  1. Today they're not talking much about the election at all.

    ReplyDelete