Wednesday 23 October 2019

Ferrets In A Sack

There is no other way of describing them. Of the Labour County Councillors in North West Durham, every one who is not either too old, or too closely connected to me, or both, is now openly and publicly canvassing for the parliamentary seat. 

Across the board, every one of them is openly and publicly expressing an intention to vote for me unless they happened to be the candidate, even if in some cases they might be prepared to sign the existing MP's nomination papers for the sake of propriety.

Only a General Election this year, if that, can now save Laura Pidcock, but even then only until the next time, and only if she won this time, which absolutely nobody expects her to do. She lost Cramlington to the Conservatives. Losing North West Durham to me or to anybody else would be small stuff compared to that.

Whether or nationally or locally, nobody at all expects her to place any higher than third. This I know, because they are going out of their way to tell me. People to whom I am not permitted to reply are now contacting me through intermediaries to make me really rather good offers in return for what is clearly, and much to my surprise, my prized endorsement.

But the answer is no. After nearly 30 years of suggestion, speculation, and even a sort of preparation, I will be standing for Parliament here at North West Durham. The crowdfunding page is here, and buy the book here. Please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment