Thursday 8 August 2019

I Won't Let The Bullies Win, Indeed

Death threats? Pull the other one. I am the victim of a real one, about which nobody gives a damn, with the people who ought to be investigating it spending two years and counting, trying and failing to find the slightest evidence that I sent it to myself.

I also know from ongoing experience that right-wing Labour politicians fake these things in order to discredit their opponents, preferably to the point of imprisonment. Do right-wing Labour politicians include Trigger? Yes, but she is probably blameless in this case. Ben Sellout, however, is a whole other story. I sense his hand more and more in this. He and Henig have quite the bromance. I have seen the photographs.

But I do feel sorry for David Lammy. He has never said or done anything to give anyone the slightest impression that he might have been black. It is possible that he himself does not know that he is. In fact, Lammy was given his parliamentary seat because Tony Blair thought that he was white. 

For the Tottenham by-election, one CV said, "SOAS, Harvard Law School, Archbishops' Council." Blair pictured David Cameron. The other said, "Widow of Bernie Grant." Blair pictured a mammy doll. Guess which one was given the seat. But Sharon Grant is white. And David Lammy is black? Well, is he? Is he really?

Light-skinned mixed-race I may be, although I have close blood relatives who are as dark as Lammy. But you are politically black when you have been called a nigger by the likes of Simon Henig and the Crown Prosecution Service. I have been, and I still am being. They will fail to appreciate the English irony, but they have made me what they have called me.

Another hung Parliament is coming, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. A new party is now in the process of registration. I will stand for Parliament here at North West Durham even if I can raise only the deposit, which I could do by going pretty overdrawn, although that was not how I was brought up. I would still prefer to raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign, but I am no longer making my candidacy conditional on having done so. In any event, please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment