Friday 23 August 2019

Confucian Confusion

If the Confucius Institute is no longer going to be teaching Mandarin in Australia, then who is? China is not going to go away. It just isn't.

By the way, protests considerably more robust than those in Hong Kong are very common indeed there.

The repression of protest is at this moment far more vigorous from Kashmir to France than it is in Hong Kong, where nothing has yet come close to the measures that were favoured by the Labour Government of the late 1960s.

Another hung Parliament is coming, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. A new party is now in the process of registration.

I will stand for Parliament here at North West Durham even if I can raise only the deposit, which I could do by going pretty overdrawn, although that was not how I was brought up. Buy the book here.

I would still prefer to raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign, but I am no longer making my candidacy conditional on having done so. Please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment