Tuesday 20 August 2019

And When They Were Only Halfway Up?

Prince Andrew? Who cares? He has never run anything in his life. 

The story here, seen from Britain, is Jeffrey Epstein's connection, via Peter Mandelson and the Clintons, to New Labour, and, via the Maxwells, to the Old Labour Right, as well as to British, American, Israeli, and probably also ex-Soviet intelligence.

Robert Maxwell was at least a quadruple agent, while Epstein's wealth was completely inexplicable by any normal means, and he was permitted to operate at the very highest social and political levels despite the universal knowledge that he was a paedophile. He had "intelligence asset" written all over him.

The monarchy serves as a distraction from this kind of thing, thereby enabling genuinely powerful people to avoid proper scrutiny. That is one of the many ways in which it baffles me that the monarchy keeps sweet the people whom it does keep sweet, although I accept that it is useful insofar as it does do that.

I have hesitated, because I still think that Tom Watson is the best available candidate for Deputy Leader of the Labour Party (it would only be some Blairite otherwise, because candidates have to be nominated by the PLP), and because I still think that George Galloway should have gone for Birmingham Yardley instead.

But if the Maxwells are back, not that they ever really went away, then we need George back in the House of Commons, to speak under parliamentary privilege. Another hung Parliament is coming, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. A new party is now in the process of registration.

I will stand for Parliament here at North West Durham even if I can raise only the deposit, which I could do by going pretty overdrawn, although that was not how I was brought up. Buy the book here. It is dedicated to George, among other people.

I would still prefer to raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign, but I am no longer making my candidacy conditional on having done so. Please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment