Friday 16 August 2019

We Are Many, They Are Few

Today is the two hundredth anniversary of the Peterloo Massacre. Alas, I cannot make this event in Manchester on Sunday. But everyone who can, should.



Due to the fact that Chris Williamson, to whom this book is dedicated, is speaking, the Labour Council is refusing to supply power. Supply power by being there. It is beyond me why Chris still wants to be in the Labour Party. But he does, and the crowdfunder for his action is being run by the people who have held the line for the truth about Syria, so it is doubly worthy of support.

Beyond that, another hung Parliament is coming, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. A new party is now in the process of registration. I will stand for Parliament here at North West Durham even if I can raise only the deposit, which I could do by going pretty overdrawn, although that was not how I was brought up. I would still prefer to raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign, but I am no longer making my candidacy conditional on having done so. Please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment