Wednesday 9 December 2009

Two Tories Rule, OK?

Even not counting the Dimblebeys, there are always two Tories on Question Time or Any Questions?, but usually a politician and a commentator. This week, however, Question Time will feature not only William Hague, but also, in Sir Richard Dannatt, a man who has already accepted a Tory peerage and would be a Minister in a Cameron Government. When last did two parliamentarians, or even one parliamentarian and one PPC for a safe seat, appear together from the same party? And which party was it? I think we can all guess the answer to that one.

1 comment:

  1. Are there really usually two Tories? I agree with you about this week's panel, but I'm struggling to remember a preponderance of people on the Right, and my impression is that the bias of the panels is usually rather to the Left.

    Of course, the left-wingers are not usually conservative left-wingers, nor are the right-wingers usually conservative right-wingers. The real problem with Dannatt and Hague as a combination is that they are both potential ministers. Where are the Tory backwoodsmen and non-ministrables? If I were being picky about definitions I can't remember ever seeing a Tory on such a programme; Church and King seem not to be the core philosophy any more.

    Wishful thinking apart, my opening question is not purely rhetorical; I'd genuinely like to see your political analysis of a few weeks' worth of panellists.

    ReplyDelete