Thursday 7 November 2019

And A Better Future For Our Country

I tried to get George Galloway to contest Birmingham Yardley, but he went for West Bromwich East instead. Now Tom Watson has stood down anyway, and it is over to Jess Phillips to honour her previous pledge to do so if he did. 

George is still standing, and he has called on Labour to nominate David Miliband against him. But that is too unambitious. Tony Blair is younger than Jeremy Corbyn, and he clearly still wants a role in British politics. He should stand at West Bromwich East. Come on, Labour, I dare you. Come on, Blair, I dare you.

Another hung Parliament is coming, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. Chris Williamson is standing at Derby North. The similar Matt Dilworth is standing at Stoke North and Kidsgrove.

And after nearly 30 years of suggestion, speculation, and even a sort of preparation, I am standing here at North West Durham. Durham County Council is still refusing to send out my nomination papers. But my crowdfunding page is here, and buy the book here. Please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment