Monday 19 January 2009

Royal Navy To Fight For Israel In Gaza

Read it and weep.

Truly, between tomorrow's events in Washington and any Likud victory next month, Britain will have the most Zionist government in the world.

And no wonder that former Cabinet Ministers of both parties have been among those telling me not to write, even in jest, about the drafting of our least accomplished 16-year-olds directly into the Israeli Defence Force, because "if the wrong people read that then it will happen". How long can we now have to wait?

3 comments:

  1. David,

    There will be no peace in the Arab region unless and until the Islamist phenomena abates. And, benign neglect abets Islamists. So, doing something to undermine the Islamists is in everyone's interests.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But that is not what is happening.

    I am not against Israel defending herself. I am against our doing it for her (and making hundreds of millions of implaccable enemies in the process). Does she pay for our Navy? Does she hell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. David,

    Read what I wrote again. I said nothing about Israel. I said there will be no peace in the Arab region until the Islamist phenomena abates.

    An abatement of Islamism will not happen by itself, at least not in my view. In fact, benign neglect will lead to the opposite result, I fear. And, in my view, the theory that Islamism thing is wholly aberrant in Islam is demonstrably wrong. In fact, there have been numerous movements in Islam that very closely parallel it, including the terrorism phenomena - previously called razzias (for which there are more than 1,200 years in which there were such incidents). In fact, such was a major problem for the early Muslim empires because the razzias often undermined state policy. So, I just do not buy the argument.

    In my view, when the world makes a concerted effort to stop explaining away Islamist terror and stops allowing Islamists to divide the West over Israel, the sooner the West will undermine the Islamists, who will, like all other movements, tend to fade as they become less viable.

    ReplyDelete