How is there an energy cap at all if they keep putting it up? I know that I am autistic, but a £60 increase in price strikes me as greater than a £45 reduction in VAT. Even the standing charges on gas and electricity are 50 times the cost of maintaining the networks, and although they are supposed to protect the suppliers from going bankrupt, not only have they repeatedly failed to do so, but they have never come down when those suppliers have been eye-wateringly profitable. As ever, someone is getting paid. And as ever, it is not us.
It is, however, Sainsbury’s. Owned by a family of gargantuan donors to all three parties, that is to be sent 10,000 unemployed youths who will be compelled to work for it for it instead of Christmas temps, and to be paid only the Universal Credit that supermarket staff also claimed on an enormous scale. The State will be subsidising Sainsbury’s at least twice over, and giving it free advertising into the bargain by presenting the arrangement as an act of corporate civic responsibility. I cannot remember anything more brazenly corrupt.
No comments:
Post a Comment