Wednesday 25 April 2018

Gala Theatre, Indeed

The loathsome Durham County Council has the gall to send me the details of this season's productions at the Gala Theatre, having cut to the bone the buses without which my disability makes it impossible for me to attend. I did not grow up in the middle of nowhere. Yet, without having moved, that is where I now find myself. 

So much for the fact that the Chosen One, so called because she spookily did not have to undergo any kind of selection process in order to become a parliamentary candidate, now really does live in Lanchester, and is no longer merely pretending to do so, as she did for electoral purposes last year.

Simon Henig has a real problem with the disabled in general. He long ago withdrew the Special Needs Allowance from those Teaching Assistants who had previously qualified for it, and he has now cut the salaries of 472 Teaching Assistants, about one quarter of the total, by 23 per cent. They are now paid less for full-time work with children, and not least with disabled children, than Councillors receive for no formal requirement beyond attendance at four meetings per year.

They are in that situation because they listened to the political advice of the man whom the Chosen One has since appointed as her Political Advisor. Had they listened to me, as I concede that Henig had made difficult by faking a criminal charge against me, then Labour would have lost control of Durham County Council last year and justice for the Teaching Assistants would already have been achieved. 

But instead, they listened to Ben Sellout, who has since done very well indeed out of the Chosen One. I am not the only person who thinks that. Just as I am not the only person who has noticed that the Durham Miners' Association, previously very supportive indeed of the Teaching Assistants, has since Davey Hopper died transferred its affections from them to the Chosen One. During that period, it has also become, so to speak, strikingly less political in general. There has been a significant MI5 addition to its staff.

Justice for the Teaching Assistants would be a non-negotiable part of the price of my support for any Government in the coming hung Parliament. You know what you have to do, brothers and sisters. You know what you have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment