Friday 28 May 2010

Out and Proud

Far from hiding the fact that I am an expellee from the organisation still purporting to be the Labour Party, that fact saves me the cost of many a pint. Not least, though by no means exclusively, from undergraduates, in whom that status inspires a sort of awe.

The rising generation loathes New Labour, correctly associating it with nothing except wars and tuition fees. I could not be happier to confirm and consolidate that sentiment. It is not because they are Trots, as the New Labour lot were at that age. So they are not going to turn New New Labour in twenty or thirty years' time. Especially not if they have been under my influence in late adolescence.

This little bit of good work is part of the reason why expulsion was the best thing that has ever happened to me: it has set me free to get on with politics.

4 comments:

  1. David, you LEFT the Labour Party. And nobody gives a toss. Get over it already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was expelled. And I am very proud of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was expelled alright.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed I was. Much fun and games on here thanks to people who honestly imagined that that meant that I was now outside political life altogether. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete