Thursday 6 December 2018

In Person

Laura Pidcock has let it be known that she will be present in person to vote against Theresa May's Brexit deal. Had she not been there, then her position would have been untenable.

People think that I dislike Laura personally. I do not. We are perfectly civil face to face, and I am not aware that she has ever suggested, even to third parties whom she would certainly have known would have passed it on, that she thought that I had anything against her simply for her own sake. 

In fact, I dislike very few people personally, and I can honestly say that I have never started a feud in my life. Even the one with Neil Fleming is now at an end, and that went on for years and years. Neil did not really start that one, either. I have been far too indulgent of the people who used him in order to wrong me, and they need not imagine that I now consider them to have become excused by old age.

But of that, another time. I want Neil, back in the Promised Land as he now is, to become the Labourite among my four Political Advisors as a Member of Parliament, with the other three provided by the local Independent, Conservative, and Liberal Democrat operations. Neil has not turned down my offer.

For, you see, I represent a political position that Laura Pidcock does not. That is all. But, in politics, that is enough. There is, however, more to life than politics. That said, another hung Parliament is coming, and we need our people to hold the balance of power in it. I will stand for this parliamentary seat of North West Durham, if I can raise the £10,000 necessary to mount a serious campaign. Please email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com. Very many thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment