Wednesday 17 October 2018

Trial Date

Make your own jokes about the fact that my trial is now due to start at Durham Crown Court on Monday 1st April 2019.

I was arrested on 13th March 2017, and charged on 13th April 2017. Less only a few days, it will have taken them two years to bring their cast iron, incontrovertible, open-and-shut case against me, no part of which has yet been produced.

So cast iron, so incontrovertible, so open-and-shut is it, that my trial is to last "five days plus". It will take at least an entire working week, and quite conceivably longer than that. Come one, come all. Roll up, roll up. The circus is coming to town.

I cannot be bothered to keep up Libel Watch now that there is, for the time being, no Trial Date Watch. So instead, I challenge Simon Henig to show his face in court.

With any luck, there will be a General Election either on Thursday 28th March, meaning that I will stand trial days after having been elected to Parliament, or on Thursday 4th April, meaning that I will be elected to Parliament while a defendant.

My crowdfunding page is here, or email davidaslindsay@hotmail.com for other options. That address accepts PayPal.

4 comments:

  1. Perjury, letters, or both?
    Like Deirde Rashid your case will be raised at PMQ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I come to a better end than she did.

      Both charges will be tried in April: malicious communication ("destroyed") and perverting the course of justice (no evidence of any kind).

      Delete
  2. Tim Stanley sums it up, and admits he’s becoming Peter Hitchens.

    @timothy_stanley
    Party politics is a sewer. Stay out of it. Give your money to charity and your time to your family. This system will only - can only - break your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No one ever shakes off the bug. The number of people I've seen "retire" and be back on this or that committee within six months. People only give up the more directly activist side when they die or go into nursing homes, and in the latter case not even always then.

      Peter Hitchens is hardly outside politics, and in his campaign against the Conservatives he is hardly outside party politics.

      Delete