Friday 6 January 2012

The Cities Hostile And The Towns Unfriendly And The Villages Dirty

Unable to attend the Extraordinary Form today, I have missed the Epiphany for the third time running, but only the third time in my life.

There are, however, those in England who will still be keeping it on the same day as the Pope. In the Church of England. Quite a senior member of which once asked me in all seriousness whether or not we were still keeping Christmas Day on 25th December rather than moving it to the nearest Sunday.

We had rather hoped for a reversal when Archbishop Nichols was installed on the real Ascension Day. So, where is it? Meanwhile, liberals like ecumenism. Let them do the ecumenical thing by doing the Ultramontane thing, restoring the Epiphany and Ascension Day, and with them Corpus Christi, to their proper days, as kept both by our separated brethren and by our Holy Father.

5 comments:

  1. I know sure you will have read Damian's article about Opus Dei. What did you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have posted some comments under it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you David. I don't usually read comments on Telegraph blogs, because most of the people who comment there are, well, mental. I will check your comment now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read somewhere that you are a lay Dominican. Given your high opinion of Opus Dei have you thoguht about joining them yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very content where I am.

    On topic, please.

    ReplyDelete