Wednesday 16 April 2008

You Have Nothing To Lose But Your Chains

Many thanks to all the usual suspects, trying to post comments on the earlier post about the GMB. All the usual lies, of course. But, my, how they have come down since the days when they could lie this country into war. And thanks to that, nobody will ever listen to them again.

Nor, of course, should anyone listen to those with the blood of a million people on their hands. And, I am sometimes tempted to say, the hands of their descendants for ever. But I never would. Not their biological descendants, anyway. But their (in the loosest sense) intellectual ones, certainly.

They themselves despise the unions, and have always wanted to banish them from political participation. I don't think that it ever occurred to them that the brothers and sisters might turn round and tell them where to go, before they had had time to put in place their deplorable scheme for state funding.

Whereas we respect and admire the unions, and would be genuinely grateful for their financial support.

Indeed, so long as the candidate signed up to our whole programme, a given union would be welcome, at least at the initial 2010 General Election, to name that candidate in any seat where it stumped up the entire deposit and election expenses.

6 comments:

  1. I would be very interested in giving you a substantial amount of financial support. How should I contact you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to remain totally anonymous, even to you - I think it's important that you're not seen to be beholden to financial interests (not that I think you are, of course, but perception is so important). Are you a registered political party yet? I think there are Electoral Commission rules about donations to political parties (but I confess I don't know much about them). What about individuals? What steps do I need to take?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have to become known eventually, it's the law. So you might as well just get in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you registered with the Electoral Commission? If not, I think we might be able to get away with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the time you need to troubel the Electoral Commission, you'll have enough people in this, that and the other position for it to eb impossible for that Soviet-style body to say no.

    Why do we have an Electoral Commission? Political parties ahve to be approved by the government. That doesn't even apply in Zimbabwe.

    ReplyDelete