I am laughing so hard that I am half-expecting the neighbours to ring for an ambulance. Oliver Kamm now openly admits that he regards me as more dangerous than Donald Trump, in that I deserve to be banned for life from Twitter (which is Kamm's only remaining life, so that he cannot understand why I could not care less about it), whereas Trump deserves it only for the remaining few days of his Presidency.
Kamm claims to have had taken down a number of Twitter accounts "well into three figures", but he can cite only mine. He devotes 124 of his 935 words to ranting about me. There are only 28 words on David Icke. Kamm repeats his claim that I once sent him an anonymous death threat, but I was present when the Police literally laughed that out, and that crude attempt to frame me resembles the more recent one so closely that it is Kamm who will do time once matters had reached the Court of Appeal. We just need to get a little something else out of the way first, involving a money launder to the Mexican and Colombian drug cartels, and a person of absolutely no consequence whatever.
I, on the other hand, have received, when you look at the convictions, practically no sentence at all. One of my convictions could have carried a life sentence, but I have never in my life spent a night in a cell; I know, and I call myself an activist. The judge said that "Everyone who knows you can now see what you are really like" as he more or less let me off, a sentence that the Prosecution made no suggestion that it might appeal, and of course he knew that that was correct. He knew that no one who knew me believed in my guilt, and that I would suffer no embarrassment as a result of so obviously wrongful a conviction.
And here we are. One of the people who, for his own political career reasons, made the initial complaint in my case and then had a victim impact statement read out at my sentencing, chooses to remain my friend on Facebook, and was following me on Twitter until the point that I was removed from it. Several more of my supposed victims also remain my friends on Facebook, and it is universally assumed that several of them voted for me at the last General Election, making them quite a high proportion of the people who did. The retirement of one of those from the County Council this year is causing a number of this ward's most distinguished citizens to approach me about contesting the local elections, and they are terribly disappointed that I am not in a position to do so. They really had assumed that this was my year.
No one likes or respects Kamm like that. No one likes or respects Kamm at all. He no longer even pretends that my imaginary death threat against him was anti-Semitic, since even his carefully curated Wikipedia entry now has to admit that he is not Jewish. It is common knowledge, so common that even the BBC World Service has been known to cover the story, that he obsessively edits Wikipedia under the name of "Philip Cross".
I have just had a look at Kamm's Twitter, and while there is still no print review anywhere of his new book, which is already reduced and available second hand on Amazon a mere week after publication, he has tweeted a link to an online review. I tried to access it, but good old Norton has blocked it in the following terms: "This is a known dangerous webpage. It is highly recommended that you do NOT visit this page." This makes me happy. So very, very, very, very happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment