Saturday 11 August 2018

Standing In Line

This is a good line. I wish that I had written it, not because it is necessarily correct, but because it is a good line. 

Its author is not the first professional hater that I have ever had on Twitter. But he or she is the most hysterical, in both senses of the word. They get bored after a while.

Although, while this one has very few Followers so far, more than one of them is very well-connected.

All in all, what to make of the assertion that Laura Pidcock, a Conservative candidate, and I would each take 30 per cent of the vote, so that any one of us could be the First Past the Post?

What to make of the appeal to David Aaronovitch to contest this seat against all three of us, similar appeals to Nick Cohen, Oliver Kamm, Dan Hodges and John Rentoul having apparently fallen on deaf ears?

I have nothing against Laura Pidcock personally. I was chatting to her partner about their new baby at the bus stop only yesterday.

My candidacy would not be called off if Labour replaced her, or anything like that. She is not what it is about. This is.

No comments:

Post a Comment