Monday 6 August 2018

Disruptive Editing, Indeed

Peter Hitchens has been banned from editing Wikipedia, because of his work in defence of George Bell.

I have never quite understood how Wikipedia worked, so I have just Googled "Paddington Bear", as you do, in order to see how easy it would be to edit a page.

In my case, it turns out, not very easy at all.

In big red letters, I am informed (and I am at a public computer in a library, take note) that, "You are currently unable to edit Wikipedia." 

"Disruptive editing," apparently. Although, "This block has been set to expire: 15:29, 25 October 2018."

I have never edited a Wikipedia page. I do not know how to do it, and at this rate I shall never learn. Ho, hum.

Has anyone seen Peter Hitchens at Computer 15 in Clayport Library, Durham?

No comments:

Post a Comment