Wednesday 29 May 2024

Stop, Luke and Listen

Labour has selected Luke Akehurst at North Durham.

It really is on now.

When I tell you that there is going to be a hung Parliament, then you can take that to the bank. I spent the 2005 Parliament saying that it was psephologically impossible for the Heir to Blair's Conservative Party to win an overall majority. I predicted a hung Parliament on the day that the 2017 General Election was called, and I stuck to that, entirely alone, all the way up to the publication of the exit poll eight long weeks later. And on the day that Rishi Sunak became Prime Minister, I predicted that a General Election between him and Keir Starmer would result in a hung Parliament.

The Workers Party of Britain is not contesting North Durham, so I am. Please contact davidaslindsay@hotmail.com, including if you might be able to help with, not to put too fine a point on it, money. But I will be on that ballot paper, come what may.

To strengthen families and communities by securing economic equality and international peace through the democratic political control of the means to those ends, including national and parliamentary sovereignty, we need to hold the balance of power. Owing nothing to either main party, we must be open to the better offer. There does, however, need to be a better offer. Not a lesser evil, which in any case the Labour Party is not. We have made a start.

8 comments:

  1. Ben Sellers is rallying the troops against you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All right for him, he lives in Durham City.

      Delete
  2. Luke is scum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck. Luke Akehurst does not work in the interests of the UK but in those of a foreign power. He needs to lose! Hopefully there will not be too many LW candidates splitting the Independent vote. Make sure to make a fundraising account visible, so we can help out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Email me and I'll tell you how to send funds.

      Delete
  4. Make sure you have a channel open and publicised for receiving funds. Some are hoping Laura Pidcock might stand, but I suspect she is not ready to break with Labour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Email me and I'll tell you how to send funds.

      Laura left Labour a while back, I think, but she has repeatedly ruled herself out as a candidate this time.

      Delete