Thursday 2 December 2021

Come On, Sugar, Tell Me So

She sits alone, waiting for suggestions;
He's so nervous, avoiding all the questions.

These have been reported to me as the words of Hilary Armstrong, "David Lindsay is just a fact of life, you might as well complain about Rod Stewart." That is a lot better than some of her lines. She once told me that something or other had "not been handed down on tablets of stone from Mount Olympus".

A strikingly different Labour Peer has used the wonders of modern technology to tell me to my face that I was "terrifying", which he meant and I took as a very high compliment, while Richard Holden was, "formidable, maybe even more so because he's not a Minister so he's the right distance from Johnson."

Apparently, Labour has already added the Brexit Party's and Watts Stelling's totals to Richard's, giving him a notional majority of 5523. "Against the Holden operation on one side and a jailbird on the other, we couldn't very well parachute in some lassie out of Oxford or Cambridge, could we?" Indeed you could not, My Lord Comrade. Indeed, you could not.

2 comments:

  1. People are in awe of you since you did time, people who used to think you were a joke are frightened of you now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am 44, I am five foot nine, I hover around 12 stone, and I walk with a stick. I cannot begin to imagine how anyone could find me remotely intimidating.

      Delete